The Around Us feature is a great way to display relevant points of interest within your app, drawing attention to hot spots in the area. Users can easily view nearby locations, access business contact info, get directions, and more!
Here you can rename the feature, set categories, and add points of interest (POIs).
- Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Local Spots" as opposed to "Around Us").
- Under Categories, fill in the category names for your POIs (e.g. "Restaurants") and select the category colours. The POIs will be colour-coded based on their category.
- Under Point(s) of Interest, click Add Point Of Interest. Complete the fields below, then click Add. Repeat this process for each POI.
- Name: Give your POI a name.
- Category (Colour): Select the category for this POI.
- Description: Use the WYSIWYG editor to customise the POI's description.
- Website: Enter the URL for the POI’s website. This must start with the http://” prefix. If the client or business doesn’t have an official website, a Yelp or Facebook page will work just as well.
- Email: Input a valid email address for this POI. When users click the one-touch Email button, this email address will auto-populate in the To field.
- Telephone: Input a valid phone number for this POI. When users click the one-touch Call button, this is the phone number it will dial.
- Thumbnail Image: Upload a thumbnail image (140x140px in PNG format) for this POI.
- Address: Search for the address in the “Enter a query” field or enter the coordinates in the Latitude/Longitude fields below. When you use the coordinates option, Google Maps will pull the nearest address.
- Distance Type: Specify whether distance should appear in Kilometers or Miles.
- Click Save at the top right when you're done.
- Contact Feature